Translated is working on a new product, Matedub (www.matedub.com), to make video dubbing as easy as text translation. To achieve this, we invest in the development of high-quality, highly expressive speech synthesis. We have our own recording studio and audio engineer, so that we can produce new expressive voices fast. For our neural architecture choices, we started from state-of-the-art models for speech synthesis, and made them work in an industry setting. As we move into production, we work on platform performance, end-user latency, as well as new technology features such as voice cloning and prosody control.
The algorithms we keep an eye on are Tacotron 2, Global Style Tokens, GM-VAE Tacotron, and a number of vocoders such as WaveRNN and HifiGAN. We run training and inference on our own Nvidia GPU cluster. Our implementations are in PyTorch. To improve performance, we monitor quantization, sparsification and batch synthesis techniques. Our preferred experiment monitoring platform is MLflow.
You will be embedded in Translated's AI team, which works on several products all centered around translation, such as real-time adaptive machine translation, Bayesian data analysis of translation quality data, and company-internal ML products.
As part of the Speech Synthesis team, you will work closely with the other deep learning engineers on the team, our audio engineer, and our Matedub product team.
You will work in a dynamic research and development group composed by young and expert people. Optionally, you could work remotely for a limited time.
In this role, you will
- develop and fine-tune your research roadmap
- design, set up and evaluate your experiments using our GPU cluster
- access public and Translated corpora to extract and prepare the training data for your algorithms
- run quality evaluations
- discuss your research direction and findings within the AI team and report to technical management
- push progress on industrial state of the art
We like to publicize our achievements. Most of our technology stems from components which we originally open-sourced, such as Matecat and ModernMT. Where possible, you will be encouraged to publish your research in the best conferences of the field. We have research collaborations and contacts with several leading groups.
- PhD or strong MSc in a relevant field of deep learning applied to speech, language or signal
- good programming skills: primarily Python, Java, C/C++, scripting languages
- familiarity with Unix command-line, running GPU experiments
- interest in carrying out experimental research
- strong expertise in machine learning
Benefits and perks
Our working environment is both relaxed and intense. We are passionate about our mission, and our work is highly regarded in our industry.
- Competitive and exciting work environment. You will be surrounded by innovators and experts working at Pi Campus, a venture fund and startup ecosystem. Great environment to grow your skills.
- We host regular tech and entrepreneurship talks and events, to which you can take part as a Pi Citizen.
- Work hard and stay fit. In the campus you'll find a gym, a swimming pool, a personal trainer for spinning, TRX and pilates classes.
Translated is on a mission to make content in all languages accessible to everyone. We are a technology-powered professional translation provider. We partner with over 180 000 professional translators. Our 140 000 clients range from the private person who needs their CV translated to the very big, like Google and Airbnb.
We have invested over 6 000 000 € in R&D in the past years. Our EU FP7 project Matecat produced the translation GUI which allows our translators to edit sentence translations without having to worry about document layout and formatting at all. With ModernMT, an EU H2020 project which won an accolade from the EU as one of the 3 best projects of the call, we developed our neural adaptive machine translation technology.
We focus on serving large businesses, startups and innovative companies that need to speed-up and automate their globalization processes. Thanks to our innovative approach to language technology, we have been chosen by Google to create new services for flagship products such as YouTube and for the translation of apps published in the Google Play Store. Moreover, corporations like Microsoft, eBay, Airbnb use our technologies and services in their localization processes.
Powered by JazzHR