LEGOLAND Pool Cleaner Technician
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
We are LEGOLAND California Resort - the place where FUN is built and memories are made. Across our Resort we have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA LIFE Aquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and beverage locations, and 14 retail stores the opportunities here are endless!
We're now looking for a Pool Cleaner Technician to join the team.
About the Role
as well as, removes, installs, repairs, and tests all water treatment and filtration systems within resort. Troubleshoots complex water treatment and filtration systems.
Keeps chemical balance in pools and water attractions at safe health standard levels. Performs other maintenance functions within resort and assists other maintenance MC's as deemed necessary by maintenance supervision.
Scope and Responsibilities : 1. Follows established maintenance program, including any emergency repairs as required to keep systems operating.
2. Ensures that all equipment and work areas are kept clean, neat, and orderly at all times.3. Keeps tools, machines, and all other company equipment in clean and good working order.
4. Recognizes equipment that needs repairing, replacing, or adjusting.5. Operates simple machine tools, such as drill presses, power saws, grinders, etc.
6. Responds to emergency calls within resort, expediting repairs to ensure guests’ and fellow Model Citizens’ safety and comfort at all times.
7. Always keeps safety as #1 priority.8. Completes daily time and material (T&M) cards prior to leaving property.10. Attends weekly staff meetings for purpose of directing, informing, and training.
11. Maintains liaison with fellow maintenance model citizens and other departments.12. Ability to work in early hours of the day with a head lamp.
Background and Experience : 1. Knowledge of the practices, tools, and equipment used to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain water filtration and treatment practices is required.
2. Experience in the basic practices of plumbing, PVC piping application, and installation is required.3. Ability to read utility blueprints / drawings as they relate to filtration systems.
4. Ability to react under pressure or in emergency situations in a calm and rational manner is required.5. Requires knowledge in preventive maintenance systems.
6. The ability to read and evaluate reports and correspondence and possess basic math skills.7. A friendly, polite customer service oriented demeanor is required.
8. Requires the ability to follow supervisor’s directions effectively and observe and remember details.9. Requires effective decision-making skills.
10. All hand tools needed to meet the requirements of the above job description shall be provided.11. Basic knowledge of water treatment, chemicals and test methods to assure health standards in water is required.
Education : A High school diploma or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required.Other Requirements : Must be willing to work a rotating schedule, flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
Other Requirements : Must be willing to work a rotating schedule, flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
Alongside company paid holidays, you can also look forward to enjoying a great benefits package, free tickets to Merlin attractions globally and 30% discount in our retail shops and restaurants.