Plan and coordinate the day-to-day aspects of aviation operations to ensure efficient, cost-effective and reliable access to remote and hard-
to-reach communities in need of humanitarian assistance
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Plan and coordinate all activities relating to the safe execution of aviation operations in accordance with WFP and UN AVSTADS (Aviation Standards).
2. Develop and apply appropriate operational risk management process, including corrective actions, to ensure the safety of WFP staff and partners.
3. Negotiate and coordinate logistics and administrative support for aviation services in the area of assignment e.g. continuous fuel supply, food and accommodation services, preparation of contracts and supplier payments.
4. Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimise use of available funds.
5. Plan, organise and supervise the work of more junior staff to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a manner consistent with organisational requirements.
6. Collaborate with internal counterparts and external partners to align aviation activities with wider UN and WFP programmes and activities to ensure a coherent approach to humanitarian air transportation.
7. Review and / or prepare accurate and timely reports to support a WFP-wide view of aviation activities that enables informed decision making and detailed reporting to donor representatives.
8. Deliver training to WFP staff and partners to promote safe use of aviation services.
9. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly provide passenger services, relief supplies and emergency medical and security evacuations at the onset of a crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity to meet the required provision of service to the humanitarian community
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
specific processes and systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. However, this position is for the specific assignment outlined in this VA and the selected candidate will be offered a fixed-
term appointment locked specifically to the position and related funding, which means the incumbent shall not be subject to some WFP’s policies including that regarding mobility.
Furthermore, the appointment will bear no entitlement to extension or renewal.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
For more details please visit icsc.un.org