The Learning and Development (L&D) Consultant is a strategic partner who influences the development of At Sea employees through the application of professional learning and development initiatives.
He / she conducts needs analysis and creates plans to enhance productivity, improve business performance and promote a learning and development culture.
Works closely with key stakeholders including but not limited to :
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Provides professional consultation to onboard employees to maintain and improve leadership effectiveness and business performance.
2. Conducts needs assessments to identify performance gaps and implement solutions to maximize performance and achieve measurable results in crew satisfaction(leadership aspects), guest satisfaction and other business KPIs.
3. Guides onboard leaders through the talent management process of assessing individual performance, creating personalized development plans and establishing team succession plans.
4. Facilitates dynamic and impactful leadership training sessions and provides ongoing support that ensures successful transfer of knowledge and drives individual and team effectiveness.
5. Creates and executes customized learning sessions that address identified business / performance / behavioral gaps.
6. Conducts Train the Trainer sessions with onboard instructors and provides ongoing feedback to improve effectiveness of training methods and delivery.
7. Conducts on-the-job observations, identifies gaps in performance and provides leadership with feedback and recommendations for improvement.
8. Provides career coaching and advice through workshops and one-on-one sessions.
9. Utilizes psychometric instruments (i.e. DiSC) to enhance leadership capabilities and drive team effectiveness.
10. Models and champions a culture of commitment to the Company’s values, standards and overall business strategies.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.