PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT / SENIOR PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT - Oracle Commerce Consulting
Oracle Commerce enables selling experiences that drive clicks and conversions for the world’s biggest and best brands. The solution enables businesses selling online to deliver a consistent, relevant, and personalized cross-channel buying experience for buyers.
The Oracle Commerce Solution includes the Oracle Commerce Platform and Oracle Commerce Merchandising capabilities for creating and defining the sites and content that drives customer experiences. These capabilities include creating and managing multi-site and multichannel infrastructures, management of the product catalog, web content creation, collection of session data, pricing and promotions, processing of transactions, management of customer profiles and segments, and the creation of personalization strategies.
Once this data and content is defined, the solution leverages Oracle Commerce Guided Search and Oracle Commerce Experience Manager for the placement, contextual delivery, and optimization of cross-channel customer experiences. These capabilities focus on leveraging data and content from the commerce repositories and other source systems to scale dynamic cross-channel experiences controlled by the business user. Page management and layout, content placement, and the dynamic delivery of products, content, personalization strategies, and contextual merchandising takes place at this experience management layer.
Role Description and Purpose
The Principal Consultant / Senior Principal Consultant’s primary purpose is to provide expertise, guidance and leadership on technical matters to an Oracle Commerce project team. Through demonstrated knowledge and skills in web application design and development, this person will become an indispensable project resource as part of a larger consulting team or an individual technical consultant on for-fee product implementation, enhancement, integration, or audit projects. Design complexity may range from fairly straightforward to moderately complex, with single or multiple products, and involving multiple technical environments.
Expertise and work efforts focus primarily on application design and development, ensuring quality of project deliverables, and interfacing with other key technical resources on the project team, including customer-supplied developers, 3rd party developers, etc. The Principal Consultant operates under minimal supervision on medium to large size projects involving multiple products and/or platforms. This person works closely with an Architect, a Project Manager and other consulting engineers. The Principal Consultant / Senior Principal Consultant’s achieve results through strong subject matter expertise, leadership, collaboration, and teamwork. To perform at this level, a strong analytic capability and consulting skills are required. The ability to communicate effectively with team members and others within the customer organization is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead assessment of business and technology requirements in order to create solution architecture
• Lead technical designs by working closely with Tech Lead and consulting engineers
• Act as trusted advisor to customer and partners on all matters of architecture, technology, and software development projects
• Contribute to the growth of Oracle Commerce Consulting business and improvement of OCC service delivery through the creation and sharing of knowledge on project experiences
• Collaborate with Project Manager and Tech Lead to create the project plan
• Provide technical leadership to developers throughout entire project life cycle; review technical design documents and conduct code reviews, conduct technology workshops with customers, when appropriate
• Coach and mentor others in customization, the software development life cycle, and other core technical skills and knowledge
• Submit status updates on all project activities to the Project Manager
Experience / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent experience in technology-related field
• Minimum 5 - 8 years of relevant technical experience.
• Proven experience in a customer facing role
• Experience in Senior Engineering, technical leadership role, providing mentoring to others
• Experience of leading software development teams is desired
• Project Management experience is desired but not essential
• Experience of interfacing to other systems desirable
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of one or more relevant software solutions eCommerce WMS, ERP, OMS, PIM, CMS.
Technical Skills required
• Proven experience of architecture design or delivery of a relevant software solution e.g. eCommerce, WMS, ERP, OMS, PIM, CMS essential
• Proven experience of architecture or delivery of internet scale Web Commerce implementations (Oracle Commerce -Endeca, ATG, Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce etc.) desirable
• Experience with the following Application Servers, JBOSS, WebLogic
• Experience with WebServers (Apache) is a must; mod_proxy, mod_ssl, mod_jk is a plus
• Experience developing on multiple OSes (Linux, Unix, Windows)
• Database experience, Oracle MSSQL, MySQL. Experience as a DBA is a plus
• Server side development (Java/J2SE) is a must
• Experience in writing web services (publishing or consuming)
• Familiarity with integration technologies XML, Web services etc.
• Experience with build processes and tools (Ant, Maven, etc.)
• Familiarity with source control processes & tools (CVS, Git, Subversion, code branching)
• Experience with code Refactoring and Profiling
• Knowledge of Scripting Languages beneficial
• Understanding and experience in system architecture design (hardware, OS networking) beneficial
• Experience in sizing systems beneficial
• Experience with IDE’s (particularly Eclipse)
• System integration experience essential Good coding practices (Javadoc, unit testing)
• Experience with load and performance testing & tools desirable
• Strong consulting skills with the ability to work as part of a project team.
• Familiarity of project delivery methodologies (other than SDLC) is essential
• Experience Working in various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, Agile, OUM, Scrum, etc.) is desirable
• Experience of working with System Integrators (SI’s), professional services organisation is desirable
• Familiarity with business processes, organizational assessment, etc. (supporting non-SDLC projects) is desirable
• Ability to write and deliver technical documents to internal and external clients
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer-facing skills at all levels of a customer organization
• Solid presentation skills, great at developing rapport with customers and partners
• Ability to participate in Sales-pursuit meetings and provide technical commentary is beneficial
• Ability to Recognize new business opportunities in already existing account base is desirable
• Experience presenting to/facilitating meetings and group discussions
• Understanding of eCommerce eco-system, verticals and online business principles is desirable
• Ability to develop excellent rapport with upper level management is beneficial
• Proficiency with project-based tools such as Word, Excel, Project, as well as others (e.g., wikis, bug tracking, source control, etc.).
• Solid analytical and design skills
• Willingness to work away from home Mon-Fri (and weekends by exception) when required.
• Requirement to travel up to 100% subject to project needs
• Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and without the need for individual task-management and supervision.
• Ability to organise personal work time around client availability, travel requirements and other constraints in order to meet the assigned deliverables within agreed time/cost constraints and client expectations
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salaryverification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Aggiungi ai preferiti
Rimuovi dai favoriti
Aggiungi ai preferiti
È necessario accedere al proprio account per aggiungere questo lavoro ai preferiti. Fai clic su "Continua" per accedere o creare un nuovo account. Sarai quindi in grado di accedere ai tuoi preferiti dal nostro sito Web o dall'app mobile neuvoo.Continua
Modulo di candidatura