Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blended face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000+ learners in 1500+ clients across 150+ countries. We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.
The goal of this position is to boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth by seeking new business opportunities through lead generation and follow up, and by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers and existing leads, as well as to identify new buyer persona, according to guidelines and vision of the department Head of Sales.
The Business Development Executive should use a high level of communication and organization skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal, and ensure proper after-sales service.
This position will also support cross-sell opportunities and strategies in partnership with Client Relationship Managers.
- Generate new business
- Develop and manage a targeted prospect list of clients and build pipeline rapidly by leveraging existing contacts and identifying new leads
- Execute our commercial strategy to open or expand target markets in global mobility and managed service providers
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Conduct research to identify opportunities and anticipate future trends
- Present our products and services to potential clients in the agreed verticals either by phone, virtually or in person
- Conduct needs analyses, and partner with relevant internal colleagues, to come up with the best offering for each client
- Prepare and handle all paperwork necessary to close deals (proposals, contracts, etc.)
- Build lasting relationships with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers in key client accounts
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Work with the client relationship management and department Head of Sales to maximize cross-sell opportunities and develop sales strategies
- Close opportunities to meet and exceed yearly sales targets
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- `Hunting and Closing' Skills: from first contact through the whole sales journey, with particular focus to negotiations and finalizing the agreement
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Strategic, big picture and critical thinking skills
- Team-oriented, friendly/personable attitude, and ability to quickly build relationships
- Results oriented with and can-do attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative to complete complicated tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt, work effectively, present to clients and communicate remotely
- Willingness to develop quickly, strong understanding of company's products or services and knowledge of the competition
- Creativity to develop solutions for existing clients, as well as identify and pursue new client opportunities
- Microsoft Office 365 required
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 required
- C2 level of English required
- C1 level of Italian required
- Other languages as relevant to position desired
- CRM literacy
Education & Experience
- Proven track record of success in closing deals with L&D, HR stakeholders
- Sales experience within the Corporate Education industry in the Italian market
- Previous work experience in departments within the language/intercultural/skills training business
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Degree in Business Administration, Sales, International Relations or relevant field
- People-Powered Culture: We have a flat, modern, meritocratic culture that values enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment above all else.
- Flexible Working: Learnlight is a fully distributed virtual business with staff in 30+ countries and offices in 9 European cities, so you get to choose where you work.
- Learning & Development: Personalized language and soft skills training; ongoing professional development talks and masterclasses; frequent coaching and constructive feedback.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Learnlight fosters an open, positive, and diverse community which welcomes talent regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Community Events: We offer a range of social events including Virtual Drinks, Book Club, Tea Time, and in-person departmental and All Company meetups.
- Location: Remote/Virtual
- Contract: Full-time
- Schedule: +/-2-3 hours of European time zones
Powered by JazzHR